Below is an exposé of my academic work. For a full CV, please visit my LinkedIn profile. You can also find me on Academia.edu.
- Research Associate in the Department of Computer Science, Universität Leipzig (May 2013 – present)
The Open Philology Project.
- Teaching Assistant in the Department of Information Studies, University College London (January 2012 – May 2013)
MA/MSc module on XML and XSLT.
- Tutor, Kensington & Chelsea Tutors Ltd, London (February 2011 – July 2012)
1:1 tuition in Italian, English, Ancient Greek, Latin and ICT. Everything from proof-reading to exam preparation.
- EFL Teacher, Education First, London (June 2011 – August 2011)
- Winner of the Paid Internship in the Department for Western Manuscripts, British Library (June 2010 – August 2010)
Creation of an XML (TEI ENRICH) and RELAX NG schema for the Summary Catalogue of Greek Manuscripts, vol.1.
- XML Encoder, Department of Digital Humanities, King’s College London (March 2010 – June 2010)
XML encoding for the Digital Humanities Conference book of abstracts, ISBN Number: 978-0-9565793-0-0
- Intern, Department of Digital Humanities, King’s College London (June 2009 – July 2009)
Worked on the EPIDOC project which involves the creation of flexible but rigorous standards and tools for the digital encoding and interchange of scholarly and educational editions of ancient texts.
- Intern, Department of Digital Humanities, King’s College London (June 2008 – July 2008)
Editing and enriching descriptive metadata to accompany the HumSlides image collection for teaching and research.
- University College London, PhD in Digital Humanities (2011-2014)
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) (2011)
London, United Kingdom
- King’s College London, MA in Digital Humanities (2009-2010)
- King’s College London, BA Hons in Classics (2006-2009)
- Liceo Classico Brocca Don Nicola Mazza (2001-2006)
- Italian (native or bilingual proficiency)
- English (native or bilingual proficiency)
- Spanish (professional work proficiency)
- Modern Greek (elementary proficiency)
- French (elementary proficiency)
- Ancient Greek
- Oral-history transcriber , St Hilda’s East Community Centre, London (November 2010 – January 2011)
Transcription and summarisation of oral history as part of a one-year National Lottery-funded project.
- Digitisation Assistant, Royal Academy of Music, London (December 2009 – June 2010)
Digitisation of printed material and heritage, as well as metadata enrichment and management.